1.23.2011

orsay turns to chew

Restaurant Orsay is mine and Ben's go to place for excellent food and service. Unfortunately, Orsay was bumpin and we did not have reservations, so we were unable to eat there. We decided to go to Orsay's sister restaurant, Chew. Just like Orsay, Chew strives to use local ingredients. We had a three course meal with a nice bottle of wine, YEAH! Love having an appetizer, entree, and dessert at a great restaurant and not feeling like I just birthed a food baby. Quality over quantity, fo sho!

I usually don't order meat at restaurants, but I now know how important it is to support restaurants and farmers who believe that food should be humane and environmentally friendly. I'm voting with my dolla dolla bills y'all (or at least Ben was on this one). I LOVE good food and so does my belly, and I am so happy Ben made me realize food meant more than BK chicken tenders (reminds me of childhood, once a week treats) and french fries (don't worry... my palete still has a love for fried potatoes).





1. steamed mussels in a red curry broth with crispy shallots, cilantro (sorry but EW), basil (YUM!), and toasted baguette.
2. my dish: duck leg confit with baby bok choy, braised fingerling potatoes, and star anise broth (don't worry I have no idea what star anise broth is either, but it was tasty and I finished my portion).
3. wine that didn't make my tastebuds cringe.
4. Ben got the braised short rib with creamy polenta, braised swiss chard, pine nut gremolata, and red wine jus... I did not use flash or color in the restaurant hence the reason why Ben's plate looks like a pile of you know what.

no picture of our dessert which was a green tea cheesecake (didn't taste the green tea?) on a ginger crust. so good, but what isn't good that involves cheese and sugar?

HAPPY EATINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment